Jaguar XK150 DHC
UK supplied RHD UK car
1 of 662 RHD Drophead Coupe's made
Jaguar Heritage Certificate
Restored and ready for use
Desirable Special Equipment model
The Jaguar XK150 was produced by Jaguar between 1957 and 1961 as the successor to the XK140.
Announced in its home market in May 1957 the XK150 bore a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140 but was radically revised. Most visibly, a one-piece windscreen replaced the split screen, and the wing line carried higher and more streamlined at the doors. The widened bonnet opened down to the wings, and on the coupés the windscreen frame was moved forward 4 inches (102 mm) to make passenger access easier. The car was available at various times in Red, Pearl Grey, White, Indigo Blue, Claret, Cotswold Blue, Black, Mist Grey, Sherwood Green, Carmen Red, British Racing Green, Cornish Grey, and Imperial Maroon.
The XK150's dashboard came trimmed in leather and suspension and chassis were very similar to the XK140, with manual-only rack and pinion steering. The 3.4 litre DOHC straight-6 XK engine was similar to the XK140's, but a new "B" type cylinder head raised power to 180 SAE bhp at 5750 rpm. The Special Equipment model had a raised power output to 210 BHP and the extremely beneficial fitment of disc brakes - developed from the fabled Jaguar Le Mans Cars.
Production ended in October 1960, and totalled 2,265 roadsters, 4,445 fixed head coupés and 2,672 drophead coupés - with only 662 RHD DHC models built.
Our car #S827557 DN - with information supplied from the Jaguar Heritage Certificate which comes with the car:
Date of manufacture - 8 April 1960
Chassis number - S827557 DN
Exterior colour - Carmen Red
Interior colour - Red
Hood colour - Black
Original distributor - Henly's London
Original dealer - Marshall's Garage
Date of dispatch - 22 April 1960
First Owner - Mrs M P England, Ottershaw, Surrey
Registration mark - ME93 (which was issued in Middlesex)
The XK150 had a series of owners and had the good fortune of being complete and largely untouched when it was restored over a 2 year period at Noble House Classics - renowned Jaguar restoration specialists in Holland.
The restoration was comprehensively documented with photos from 1992 to 1994 and ultimately ended up back in the UK with Jaguar specialists in 2013. It was subsequently supplied to the previous owner - a collector of some repute who has had the car carefully stored as part of his major collection.
Today the car benefits from a fresh service and presents as a delightfully patinated restoration. With the highly desirable and rare Special Equipment specification, this superb roadster equipped with disc brakes and 210 BHP is ready to tour or simply enjoy on the road..